Friday, January 8, 2010

Save Now, Play Later


This e-mail was sent to me by a fan of my books:


    Subject: Words have meaning

    Hello Ernie,

    Gene Schoch here,

    I read a short article in AARP that I thought would interest you so I will reproduce it here for you.

    A Pension b Any Other Name Pension, it's a stodgy word.

    So boring that in a recent British survey , almost a fifth of 18-24 year olds said they had put off starting to save for retirement because they don't like the word.

    So AXA, the financial company that commissioned the survey, held a contest to find a more palatable word or phrase.

    Donna Wod, 29 of Hampshire, England submitted the winner: "Save Now, Play Later".

    AXA may use the phrase in marketing. Wood plans to save half of her 5,000 pound winnings. "

    I think it is interesting how words properly used can fit into a persons way of thinking and change what he/she does.

    Your books [How to Retire Happy ,Wild, and Free and The Joy of Not Working] state this in the way 'Plan now, play now & later", funny how it is all in the mind.

    Regards,

    Gene
Check out:

No comments:

Post a Comment