Turkish Edition of The Joy of Not Working
KalDer has asked me to make a keynote speech about The Joy of Not Working at their 17th Annual Congress in Istanbul, 24th – 26th November 2008.
KalDer is the Turkish National Quality Organization. Their annual congress brings together approximately 3,000 persons from the Turkish business community, academics, students and journalists.
Here are some of the topics that I can discuss at my The Joy of Not Working Speech in Istanbul on November 26.
Most of these come from my book The Lazy Person's Guide to Success: How to Get What You Want Without Killing Yourself for It.
- Ordinary career success is a real good job; real career success is a real good life.
- Most success costs too much.
- The conduct of society is a poor precedent for living a happy life.
- Why the work ethic is a serious mistake.
- The most creative shortcut to success is to think more about it.
- Hard work is no match for relaxed, creative action.
- The more creative your thinking, the fewer your cares and worries.
- Security is a kind of death.
- Creative loafing is good for your cash flow.
- Money doesn't talk; it just whispers.
- Money solves all problems except all those that it doesn't solve.
- Financial insanity has its own big following - including you and me.
- Your best purchases will turn out to be the ones that you never made.
- There's more to life than having it all.
- Being successful at work is irrelevant if you are a failure at home.
- To work is human, to loaf divine.
- Busyness is the last refuge of unproductive and unfulfilled people.
- The top 10 worst Uses of your time.
- The top 10 best uses of your time
- Why 90 percent of things worth doing aren't worth doing well.
- All things worth doing well get screwed up when you overdo them.
- Your most powerful success tool is the 80-20 rule.
- Slow down and your days will be longer.
- The journey toward success should feel better than to arrive.
- Only fools are in a hurry to get to anywhere worth going.
- Life's a breeze when we put half as much time into simplifying it as we do into complicating it.
- Be happy while you are alive because you are a long time dead!
- Why experiencing The Joy of Not Working all your life is good practice for your retirement.
For quotes on Retirement Speech Making Tips, see The Retirement Speeches Cafe:
This is a photo taken by a fan of both Ernie J. Zelinski and Jack Canfield taken at the Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta.