Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Joy of Not Working in Japan


This is an e-mail that I received from Japan about my book The Joy of Not Working



    From: ioicrying24 ( at) jcom.home.ne.jp
    Subject: Acknowledgment from Tokyo
    To: "success101coach (at ) yahoo (dot) com
    Received: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 2:07 AM

    Dear Mr. Zelinski,

    My name is Sohei, I am mailing you because your book The Joy of Not Working encouraged my life style so much.

    I am a practitioner of "work less, spend less" life style in Tokyo. I have ideas of novel, so I need time for writing development.

    In this metropolis, the myth which says money brings glory of the "WINNER" is still dominant. I think happiness is not buyable but which we can make by ourselves. Everytime when I lose self-confidence I open your book The Joy of Not Working. Although I have already read through nearly 10 times there are new discoveries. I have accustomed myself to be ossified for loneliness but I am desire to overcome this and carve a new life eagerly.

    I'd like to continue to believe in fellowship of job-free happiness rather than major rule of economic animals. I'm going to make time for reading your other books before too long.

    I wish your good health and success.
    Sincerely
    Sohei Tonouchi



This was my reply:


    Hello Sohei:

    Thank you for your e-mail and kind words about The Joy of Not Working.

    If you send me your address, I will send you an autographed copy of the English edition of my small gift book The Lazy Person's Guide to Happiness (also published in Japanese).

    So long for now,

    Ernie Zelinski
    Author, Innovator, Corporate Escape Artist, and Unconventional Career Expert
    Author of the Bestseller How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free
    (Over 110,000 copies sold and published in 7 foreign languages)
    and the International Bestseller The Joy of Not Working
    (Over 225,000 copies sold and published in 17 languages)


    http://twitter.com/CareerSuccess


See:

No comments:

Post a Comment