Saturday, July 10, 2010

It Is a Lot of Work Writing about Not Working

Tim Ferris, author of The 4-Hour Work Week, stole a line from me before I was about to think of it and use it in one of my books.

Tim writes, "The truth be told, it is a hell of a lot of work writing about not working."

The nerve of the guy!

As the author of The Joy of Not Working, I should have exlusive right to this line.

Perhaps I will have to sue him.

As Mark Twain once said, "I can’t do any more writing because I’m contemplating a gigantic lawsuit and looking around for a defendant."

Here are a few more quotes about writing by writers.


    I you want to be a writer - stop talking about it and sit down and write!
    - Jackie Collings

    Write drunk; edit sober.
    - Ernest Hemingway

    I'm a lousy writer; a helluva lot of people have got lousy taste.
    - Grace Metalious

    When I had got my notes all written out I thought I'd polish it off in two summers, but it took me twenty-seven years.
    - Arnold Toynbee

    The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense.
    - Thomas Edison
(Over 125,000 copies sold and published in 9 languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment