Here are some tidbits about work, fashion, and retirement that may or may not enhance your retirement.
- Approximately two million workers die annually due to occupational injuries and illnesses, according to one United Nations report. This means that work kills more people than war (650,000 deaths per year).
- Employees who work over forty-eight hours per week double their risk of heart disease, according to a 1996 UK government report.
- According to a 2003 American study, long-term job strain is worse for your heart than gaining forty pounds in weight or aging thirty years.
- According to a 2002 study in the British Medical Journal, employees with stressful jobs are twice as likely to die from heart disease as those who have jobs with little or no stress.
Five of the Top-10 Dumbest Retirement Moves
- Planning to work forever
- Spending a lot of time shopping
- Being afraid to spend the kid's inheritance
- Neglecting your health by not indulging in vigorous physical exercise every day
Fashion Is Designed to Fatten Your Ego and Slim Your Bank Account
- Fashion is something that goes in one year and out the other. - Author Unknown
- Every generation laughs at the old fashions but religiously follows the new. - Henry David Thoreau
- Fashions are induced epidemics. - George Bernard Shaw
- Being named as one of the world's best-dressed men doesn't necessarily mean that I am a bad person. - Anthony R. Cucci