Cover of Japanese Edition of The Joy of Not Working
- ----- Original Message -----
From: Owl's Kohei
To: vip-book ( at ) telus.net
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2009 7:30 PM
Subject: Request: THE JOY OF NOT WORKING
Dear Ernie Zelinski,
How do you do. I am writing to you for the first time.
Please forgive me to introduce myself: My name is
Kohei Hattori, and I am a literary agent working at
Owls Agency located in Tokyo.
I am very keen on handling the Japanese translation
rights of your book THE JOY OF NOT WORKING"
If such rights are still free, I appreciate it a lot, if you could let me
try to sell the rights, and send me one reading copy at your earliest
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Thank you in advance, and I look forward to hearing
from you soon!
OWLS AGENCY, INC.
kohei - 1 (at) owlsagency.com
1-7 Ganshodo, Kanda-Jimbocho,
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0051 JAPAN
This was my response:
- Hello Kohei:
- 101 Really Important Things You Already Know, But Keep Forgetting
- Career Success Without a Real Job: The Career Book for People Too Smart to Work in Corporations
- Published in Spanish by Amat Editorial, Barcelona
- Published in Russian by Gayatri Publishing, Moscow
- Published in French by Stanké International, Montreal
- Published in Chinese by Yuan-Liou Publishing, Taipei
- Published in Chinese simplified characters by CITIC Publishing House, Beijing
- Published in Korean by Mulpure Publishing, Seoul
- Published in English in Malaysia by TrueWealth Publishing, Kelana Jaya
- Published in English for the Indian subcontinent by Macmillan India, New Delhi, India
- Published in Spanish for Spain and Latin America by Amat Editorial, Barcelona, Spain
- Published in Russian by Gayatri/Livebook Publishing, Moscow, Russia
- Published in English for the sub-continent of India by Macmillan India, New Delhi, India
- Life's Secret Handbook for Having Great Friends
- Look Ma; Life's Easy: An Inspirational Fable
Thanks for your interest in the Japanese rights to The Joy of Not Working.
Actually, this book was first published in Japanese by Kodansha.
After Kodansha let it go out of print, the book was again published in Japanese by Voice Inc. (arranged through the Tuttle Mori Agency).
Perhaps you can interest some Japanese publisher in either of the following two books of mine:
For your convenience, I have attached the PDFs with the complete book for both titles.
These are the foreign editions published so far for 101 Really Important Things You Already Know, But Keep Forgetting:
These are the foreign editions so far for Career Success Without a Real Job: The Career Book for People Too Smart to Work in Corporations:
Note that Career Success Without a Real Job was first published in September 2007 with the title and subtitle Real Success Without a Real Job: There Is No Life Like It. It is being released by Ten Speed Press in March 2009 with the new title and subtitle Career Success Without a Real Job: The Career Book for People Too Smart to Work in Corporations:
I can send you a hard copy of the English edition of each of the books if you would like keeping in mind that I will have to send you a copy of the first edition of Career Success Without a Real Job.
For your information, I also have two other books not published in Japanese. The books are:
These two books have been published by foreign publishers but not in English. So, I can only send you PDFs of these two books.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Best regards and so long for now,
Author of the Bestseller How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free
(Over 100,000 copies sold and published in 7 foreign languages)
and the International Bestseller The Joy of Not Working
(Over 225,000 copies sold and published in 17 languages)
Check out these resources:
25 Websites and Blogs about Money That Will Make You Smarter and Richer!