Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Who Is the Artist for Cartoons in How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free



Here are two latest e-mails about two of my books. This first one is about the Portuguese edition of The Lazy Person's Guide to Success. which is somewhat related to my latest book Career Success Without a Real Job.


    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Alex Vieira Silveira
    To: vip - books (at) telus ( dot ) net
    Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 9:55 PM
    Subject: To Ernie Zelinski

    Hi! My name is Alex and Im sending this email from my job. Im reading a book of yours and Im almost changing my entire life.

    As you say in the book I used to live under the culture of "a hard work will make you a sucess man" but I never really liked it and recently I've discovered that I dont even like what I do. Im studying what I like and doing this job at home, and the ideas appeared from nowhere showing me how to pay my debt of R$5000 in 2 months, so Im thankful =)

    Very thanks Ernie

    Alex V. Silveira
    Técnico de suporte
    Girt-Sp /Bnc
    tel: (11) 3913-3747 /3913-3788
    www.ctis.com.br ou www.lojactis.com.br
This second e-mail is about my Best-Selling Retirement Book , which makes a great promotional Retirement Gift Book.



    From: Ronald Crocker
    Subject: artist in How to Retire Happy Wild and Free
    To: " success 101 coach @ yahoo com"
    Received: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 3:10 PM

    Dear Sir,

    First -- I enjoy your book and find it helpful. Retirement is offering me an arena in which to play and play I am!

    Second-- who is the cartoonist in HTRHWF? The cartoons remind me of an artist in Providence RI.

    Please advise.

    Ron Crocker
    Uxbridge MA
This was my response:

    Hi Ron:

    First, thanks for the kind words about How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free

    Second, to answer your question, the cartoon drawings in the book have actually been created by my graphic designer Verne Busby. He also created the cartoon figure used on the cover of the book but the 3-wheel bike and horse/donkey were my idea.

    Interestingly, not so long ago I received a threatening e-mail from some guy in the U.S. accusing me of stealing Herman cartoons and how he was going to report me and how I would be charged for copyright violation.

    I responded that although the drawings may have a Herman flavor, they were certainly not copies and the captions were made up by me.

    Incidentally, Jim Unger, who does Herman, is Canadian and living back somewhere in British Columbia after living in the Caribbean somewhere.

    I also told this guy that if he could find Jim Unger's address I would gladly send Jim Unger a copy of How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free without any concern of being sued or charged.

    Many thanks and so long for now,

    Ernie Zelinski
    World Class Author, Innovator, and Corporate Escape Artist
    Author of the Bestseller How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free
    (Over 110,000 copies sold and published in 9 languages)
    and The Joy of Not Working: A Book for the Retired, Unemployed & Overworked
    (Over 225,000 copies sold and published in 17 languages)

No comments:

Post a Comment