Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Two Best Retirement Books - What Is the Difference?


Cover of Indonesian Edition of The Joy of Not Working



I received this e-mail message the other day:



    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Eliyahu Shiffman
    To: vip-books (at) telus.net
    Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:46 AM
    Subject: What's the difference?

    Hi Ernie:

    Help me out here -- I'm only going to buy one of them. Tell me what the difference is between
    How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free and The Joy of Not Working so I can decide which is right for me. Or is one just an updated version of the other?

    Thanks
    Eliyahu

This was my reply:



    Hello Eliyahu:

    There are some similarities between How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free and
    The Joy of Not Working.

    If you are already retired or about to be retired and looking for a retirement book, How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free is the better choice.

    If you are working and will continue to work for quite some time
    The Joy of Not Working is the better book (That's why it's subtitled "A Book for the Retired, Unemployed, and Overworked).

    I hope this helps you make your decision.

    In case you haven't downloaded from one of my websites, I have attached my E-book (in PDF format) The 237 Best Things Ever Said about Retirement.

    Thanks for your interest in my books.

    So long for now,

    Ernie Zelinski
    Author of the Bestseller
    How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free
    (Over 100,000 copies sold and published in 7 foreign languages)
    and the International Bestseller
    The Joy of Not Working
    (Over 225,000 copies sold and published in 17 languages)

Here is one of the many quotes about retirement that I have amassed which can help you retire happy, wild, and free:

    The happiest people I know in retirement are those who have not only one interest outside work but many. For me, writing, photography, travel and several other interests fill my days to the point that I can't imagine how I found time to also work before I retired.
    - Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment