Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Songs about The Joy of Not Working


I just received this e-mail from Pietro Casaro in Italy:


    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Pietro Cesaro
    To: vip-books (at) telus (dot) net
    Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 12:39 PM
    Subject: greetings


    Greetings from Italy Mr. Zelinski

    I wrote you some times and you always answered me. I write from Italy, last time you told me i' m a special reader because i read some books such as the Italian versions of
    The Joy of Not Working (3 times), The Joy of Not Being Married (2 times) and in English I've read Career Success Without a Real Job, How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free, and in spite you gave to me the e-book 101 Really Important Things You Already Know, But Keep Forgetting, I've bought the same this copy and i've appreciated also this book.

    In these days i've ordered
    The Lazy Person's Guide to Success:.

    If you remember when i wrote you last time i was gonna record a song where i mentioned the book
    The Joy of Not Working, but i'm not ready to do it. Instead last summer i self published a cd of covers -home recording- and i hope sooner or later to record some songs penned by myself where i include the song i was speaking. I leave you the website where you can listen (..... and laughing at the same time) the pre-listen of the tracks.

    I hope you're well.

    Thanks for your precious advices.

    Pietro Cesaro
    Belluno- Italy

    www.yourindiecd.net/cd/pietro-cesaro



For the record the late Ben Kerr, Toronto busker and mayorality candidate, wrote two songs relating to my books: The Joy of Not Working and The Joy of Not Being Married .
Here are the words to The Joy of Not Working:

    The Joy Of Not Working Nine To Five

    I know the joy of not working nine to five
    Singing every day at Yonge and Bloor
    Strumming my old 5-string guitar
    It's the joy of not working and that's for sure

    People say that I'm a lucky guy
    And they wish that they could be like me
    To know the joy of not working from nine to five
    To be foot-loose and fancy free

    But they'll never loose the treadmill that they're on
    And it's sad to see dejection in their eyes
    The joy of not working could be there
    But they're just too afraid to try

    Ernie J. Zelinski wrote a book
    The Joy Of Not Working is its name
    'Cause Ernie is a fellow just like me
    And the joy of not working is his game

    I know the joy of not working nine to five
    Singing every day at Yonge and Bloor
    Strumming my old 5-string guitar
    It's the joy of not working and that's for sure

    Strumming my old 5-string guitar at Yonge & Bloor
    It's the joy of not working and that's for sure
    The joy of not working and that's for sure
    © 1994 by Ben Kerr




For more letters and songs about the international bestseller The Joy of Not Working (over 225,000 copies sold and published in 17 forerign languages) see The Joy of Not Working Website

Also Check Out The Six Best Things Ever Said about New York



No comments:

Post a Comment