Sunday, July 19, 2009

Make a Fortune in Real Estate or Stocks


I received this e-mail the other day:


    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Eye on Worldwide Admin"
    To: Vipbooks
    Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 12:59 PM
    Subject: Question for you...


    Hi
    Ernie,

    My name is Nick Johnson and I own EyeOnWorldwide.com, an overseas living and real estate investment website. We have a program on the site where we interview an industry expert each month on a certain topic in overseas real estate and other related content for our subscribers. After reading about your books and some of the articles you've written online, it's clear that you fall into the category of an industry expert.

    Anyway, would you be open to doing a telephone interview about real estate investment in the coming weeks?

    I look forward to your reply.

    Kind regards,
    Nick Johnson
    Eye on Worldwide
This was my reply:


    Hi Nick:

    Thanks for the invitation to interview me for your website.

    I don't consider myself an expert in real estate, however.

    Although I am not broke by any stretch of the imagination, I often joke with my friends that "If you want to make a fortune in stocks or real estate, just look at what I am investing in, and do the opposite."

    When I look at why I have a nice nestegg of cash and investments sitting in several banks, and have my half-duplex almost paid off (even though I bought at the height of the market in 2007), I know that my best investments have always been in the books that I have written and that no major publishers wanted to publish.

    I have self-published several books and always proven the experts wrong. I am presently writing a book called The Joy of Being Retired: 101 Reasons Why Retirement Rocks (and Work Doesn't). If the publishers turn it down, I will self-publish. That's what happened with How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free, which is well on its way to making me $400,000 in pretax profits.

    Anyway, if you want to interview me about making money by self-publishing or escaping the corporation and still making an income better that 90 percent of corporate workers, I will be happy to do an interview.

    In the mean time, I have attached my E-book (in PDF format) 101 Reasons to Love a Recession and the E-book (also in PDF format) that has over half of my book
    Career Success Without a Real Job.

    So long for now,

    Ernie Zelinski
    World Class Author, Innovator, and Corporate Escape Artist
    Author of the Bestseller
    How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free
    (Over 100,000 copies sold and published in 7 foreign languages)
    and the International Bestseller
    The Joy of Not Working
    (Over 225,000 copies sold and published in 17 languages)

No comments:

Post a Comment